In the last two days, National Drugs Authority (NDA) has closed 8 more pharmacies found operating without 2018 licenses issued by NDA, contrary to section 14 of the National Drug Policy and Authority Act, Chapter 206 of the Laws of Uganda.
The closed pharmacies are;
- Progress Chain Pharmacy located in Gulu.
- Real Care Pharmacy located in Nasuti, Kayunga Road.
- M-Medius Pharmacy located on Buremba, Road Mbarara.
- ASPA Pharmacy located in Isingiro Town.
- Smile Pharmacy located in Isingiro Town.
- Kanana Pharmacy located in Lyantonde.
- Mutima Pharmacy located in Lyantonde.
- Jeka Jex Pharmacy located in Ntungamo.
This is in addition to the 15 that were shut down for the same offence as of 1st May.
This is an ongoing process; the closed pharmacies will be re-opened as soon as they each acquire a 2018 NDA-issued license. In case you find any of these pharmacies open, please ask them to present their 2018 NDA license or else report them to NDA or nearest police station.
The Authority remains committed to ensuring that safe, efficacious and good quality drugs are available to the population of Uganda at all times. The public is urged to remain vigilant and only buy drugs from licensed pharmacies and drug shops.
To report counterfeit medicines, suspicious vendors and unlicensed outlets; please reach us on our toll-free line 0800 101 999 or directly inbox us on this platform.
Safe Drugs, Save Lives.