Reference is made to the new vision of October 17, 2018 (Release that drugs consignment) and that of October 14, 2018 (Row erupts over shs. 11Billion Drug Donation)
National Drug Authority (NDA) wishes to categorically inform the public as follows:
- NDA received an application from the Ministry of Health to clear a donation of medicine from the Government of India to Uganda
- Documentation regarding the consignment was reviewed and a verification certificate Ref. NDA SCI01/ 8651/2018 was issued to the Ministry of Health on July 25, 2018
- Online shipment tracking details indicated that the consignment was discharged at Mombasa, Kenya on September 18, 2018 and estimated arrival date in Kampala was October 2, 2018.
- No notification for physical inspection with respect to this consignment has been received from Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) to NDA as is routine.
- NDA is ready to conduct a physical inspection of the consignment in line with the National medicine import requirements as soon as it is cleared by URA.